Introduction to our new Spanish novel: Capibara Con Botas
Fun Fact: Capibaras live in South America. They are the world's largest rodents. They have webbed feet and are excellent swimmers.
1. Read Nota de la Autora pgs. 5-7
2. Watch video on capybaras. Take notes in OneNote
3. Introduce new vocabulary Quizlet Chapters 1-4
4. Read, Translate, PQA, Quizizz Game
5. Schoology Assessment
- Review vocabulary on Quizlet and Play Quizlet Live or Gimkit
- Companionable Capybaras Picture Talk!
- Fun Fact: Other animals like to use the capybaras as chairs.Such animals include birds, other capybaras, and monkeys. Capybaras are a friendly animal allowing animals to play around it as much as they like. They never get annoyed by their mischief.
- Read, translate and PQA
- The marine iguana, also known as the sea iguana, saltwater iguana, or Galápagos marine iguana, is a species of iguana found only on the Galápagos Islands that has the ability, unique among modern lizards, to forage in the sea, making it a marine reptile.
- Schoology Assessmenet
- Friends of Capibaras (videos below)
| || |
- Fun Fact: Capybaras are also excellent swimmers. They can stay submerged in water for about five minutes. As a result, the Capybaras can easily evade predators such as pumas, jaguars and anacondas by hiding under water. They can also sleep in water while keeping their noses above the water.
- Read Chapter 3
- Ping-Pong read/translate, PQA
- Schoology quick mini assessment
- If time permits, watch videos on predators of capibaras (below)
| || || |
- Read Chapter 4, Translate together, Volleyball read, PQA
- Book Talk about Carlos, his family, friends, his good qualities and his problems
- Schoology Quick mini assessment for Ch. 4
- Watch video- Do you think a capibara would make a good pet?
| || |
| || |
- Creative Writing- Write a story in Spanish. Your main characters are animals from the Galapagos or South America. You may create a book, PPT or use an online program to present your story. Give your characters Spanish names and be sure to add illustrations. Describe the main character's family and friends. What makes your animalito special or different? What talents does he/she have? There should be some sort of problem or conflict your main character needs to overcome. What is the moral to the story? 100-200 words in Spanish.